Monday, December 1, 2008

L'acte de Résistance!

So for my upcoming Act of Resistance, I decided to incorporate art into my activist role againt the war(s).

So for this, I will use the clique statement, "Make ART not WAR"
go to a busy area, either mall or downtown
and bring along a big canvas that hopefully people will come up to and draw whatever they feel supports this quote.

I want to have people come to ME, rather than I come to THEM. This way, it shows me that people actually do believe in what I'm doing. I believe that this strategy is the best way to teach people because walking up to me shows me their interest. I don't want this to be a forced interest but rather a willing interest.

With this I want to promote peace, while being very suttle with it.
I don't want to be too harsh or too forward with this anti-war slogan because it is a sensitive subject. I wish to provoke people to support me with the beauty of art and not by handing out flashy fliers that will just be thrown away in the garbage at the next block.

I'll promote my act of resistance by carrying a single sign that says, "Make ART not WAR"
and I'm hoping this message will run through people's mind that will make them become more active in anti-war programs or organizations.

I'm pretty confident that this is the best way to promote what I believe in. Art is a beautiful thing and it usually does quite a good job at spreading messages. I'm hoping the canvas will be quite full so I can bring it in to class and show how it can become a beautiful piece of art rather than a crumpled up flyer in a trash can. :)


HOWEVER, because of the weather and crazy weekend, I was unable to go through with this project. So I'm hoping to do it sometime this week. BUTTT, winter is really ruining it! It gets SO dark by the time I get home, so I either have to go early morning and 'skip' a few classes or in the afternoon. :)

I don't care, I'm willing to do it because I think it would be awesome doing something I believe in by sacrificing a few hours of class time! and plus, I loveth art! ;)

No comments: